The cost of treatment varies by patient, but at Bluffton Orthodontics, our goal is to make braces affordable to everyone.
Here’s how we do it:
- We do our best to control costs. We will not recommend unnecessary treatments, and we will take the time to discuss options with you. You will know your expenses from the very beginning.
- According to a 2014 study by the American Association of Orthodontists, most dental insurances offer some form of orthodontics coverage. We are well-versed in the language of insurance companies and our staff will be there with you every step of the way of your treatment. We will help you work with your insurance company to submit claims and paperwork.
- We offer sensible payment plans that are tailored to your financial needs.
- We have a lot of experience. We have put on more than 10,000 pairs of braces over the years and have worked with thousands of families, and thousands of different financial situations.
- In recognition of our amazing teachers and those who make their service possible, we are proud to offer a discount to full-time Beaufort and Jasper County School District employees, their spouses and their children.
It all starts with a free consultation. To schedule yours, call us at 843-815-2521.
More adults than ever before are seeking orthodontic treatment, according to the American Association of Orthodontists. In fact, one in four orthodontic patients in the United States is over the age of 18.
Why is this?
The reasons vary, of course, and can be deeply personal.
Some adult patients didn’t have braces as kids and are at a point in their lives where they want the confidence that having a straightened smile can bring, both socially and professionally.
Others had braces when they were younger but saw a regression in treatment once the braces came off and as the years progressed.
Still others are exploring the option of braces to help relieve other medical problems, such as jaw pain or the inability to keep certain areas of the mouth clean and free from harmful bacteria.
So how old is too old?
There is no absolute age that is “too old’ to get braces — some people get them well into their 60s!
The first step to determining whether braces — or other orthodontic treatments, such as clear aligners — are an option for you is to have a free consultation at Bluffton Orthodontics.
To schedule your first visit, call us at 843-815-2521.
There are a lot of reasons braces can be necessary past the teenage years, but only one reason to avoid them: unfounded fear.
If you are a candidate for braces — whether for the first time ever or because your teeth have shifted over time — and you’re still on the fence about them, allow us to clear up a few of the misconceptions that might be holding you back.
- “I’m the only one who needs braces at this age …”: We promise you, you’re not. Adult braces are far more common than you might think. In fact, about one orthodontic patient in four is an adult, according to the American Association of Orthodontics. Also, two words: Faith Hill. The country musician impressed many a fan in 2013 when she attended the Grammys wearing braces — and not just as an ironic accessory.
- Going to the orthodontist is akin to going to a pediatrician: At Bluffton Orthodontics, we have a long list of patients who are far past their teenage years, and our state-of-the-art office includes space for those who aren’t squeezing in appointments between soccer and piano lessons.
- Having braces as an adult will make me unattractive: Not even close. Orthodontic treatments have come a long way; even traditional metal braces are more inconspicuous than they once were. Depending on your treatment needs, there are a number of options to minimize any facial changes. At Bluffton Orthodontics we offer clear braces, ClearCorrect clear aligners and ForeverGold gold braces, all of which have become go-to choices for adults in recent years.
- It’s not worth the effort. Braces will not only straighten your smile, they can improve your overall health. Your orthodontist might recommend braces to help alleviate headaches by aligning your bite or to promote better oral hygiene by making it much easier to brush and floss formerly crooked teeth. Braces can also help you speak more clearly and improve your ability to chew and digest food.
- They won’t make that big of a difference in the end: One of the biggest changes patients notice after getting their braces taken off is how much self-confidence they now have. It’s amazing how having a ready and open smile can change so much in your life. Ask any adult who had been holding herself or himself back personally or professionally because they were self-conscious about having crooked teeth whether they noticed a difference when the braces come off and you will likely hear a unanimous chorus of “Absolutely!”
If you have any questions about getting braces as an adult or if you would like to schedule a free consultation with Bluffton Orthodontics, call us at 843-970-9316.
You don’t have to wait until your braces come off for your smile to really shine.
Gold braces can do that for you right now, and there’s only one place in Bluffton where you can get them: Bluffton Orthodontics.
We are very excited to offer Forever Gold Brackets by American Orthodontics as a treatment option for our patients.
Gold braces, which are actually stainless steel, provide the same level of durability and treatment as our traditional metal and clear braces.
The only major difference is in the color.
We really like the Forever Gold braces because the brackets not only have an elegant shape that will complement your smile, they will maintain their original sheen throughout the course of your treatment.
Patients tend to choose gold over traditional metal or clear because gold braces are flattering and fashion-forward. They are a particularly great choice for teens and adults who are concerned about potential changes to their facial appearance.
Consider gold braces if you:
- Like the way you look in gold tones or jewelry
- Enjoy doing things a little differently from the rest of your friends
- Are looking for an understated option for your orthodontic treatment
If you have any questions about Forever Gold Brackets or if you would like to schedule a free consultation with Bluffton Orthodontics, call us at 843-815-2521.